DULCOTEST® Sensors for Bromine
Reliable online measurement of bromine – with DULCOTEST® sensors
Bromine compounds are an increasingly popular alternative to chlorine compounds in water disinfection in spite of the higher costs of the reagents.
Bromine has a number of advantages over chlorine compounds when it comes to disinfection:
- Greater disinfectant effect at higher pH values
- Lower volatility at higher temperatures
- Less tendency to corrosion
- Bromine compounds that have finished reacting (combined bromine) produce less odour and irritation of the mucous membranes
Our product line of DULCOTEST® bromine sensors provides three types of sensor for your measurement tasks.
Sensor types CBR1-mA and BCR 1-mA are resistant to contaminated water and are designed for the treatment of cooling water. Type CBR1 is specifically designed for free bromine from inorganic bromination processes, e.g. sodium bromide + sodium-calcium hypochlorite, or the use of BrCl.
Sensor type BCR-mA is optimised for the measurement of organic bromination agents (e.g. BCDMH).
Sensor type BRE3-CAN is available for the treatment of swimming pool water with BCDMH.
- Precise, real-time amperometric measurement for efficient process control (short response time)
- Suitable for wide range of water qualities (contamination, pH, salinity, temperature)
- Amperometric measuring means no clouding or discolouration
- Stable zero point means no drift
- Integrated temperature compensation eliminates faults caused by influence of temperature
- Diaphragm-covered electrodes for reduced dependence on flow, substances in water and film-forming media
Click here to download the DULCOTEST® Sensors for Bromine brochure