Hygienic design of motor-driven metering pump Sigma
The hygienic design version of the Sigma diaphragm metering pumps are optimised in terms of dead space, feature as few gaps as possible and have smooth, wetted surfaces. They can be used flexibly and with ease in hygienically sensitive applications.
The simple construction and smooth surface make easy CIP possible and allow the device to be dismantled at speed. Ball non-return valves and EPDM seals ensure gentle and reliable metering for tasks with strict hygiene requirements (when working with aqueous foods or food additives).
Like all intelligent ProMinent metering pumps, the Sigma product range can be flexibly controlled using a highly diverse range of signals. Designed for continuous operation, hermetically sealed and without a shaft passage into the metering chamber, simple and reliable handling. A PTFE multi-layer diaphragm with diaphragm rupture control as standard offers additional process reliability.
- Process reliability thanks to PTFE multi-layer diaphragm with condition monitoring
- Rapid CIP, reliable operation and simple handling
- Simple construction, optimised in terms of dead space and small number of parts, reliable operation, no shaft passage into the media chamber
- Precise metering thanks to the option for adjusting the metering volume in 1% steps by means of stroke rate and stroke length
- Physiologically safe wetted materials (FDA and 1935/2004); reliable and flexible Sigma motor-driven metering pump with ball non-return values enables a wider range of applications.
- Flexibly connectible: Connection to process management systems via integral PROFIBUS®, CANopen interface