Laboratory Charge Analyser – LabSense
LabSense is an essential coagulation optimisation tool for water treatment. LabSense allows the user to determine the ideal coagulant dosage needed to achieve optimum NTU and TOC reduction in typically less than 5 minutes, earning it the description “5 minute jar tester”.
The measurement cell consists of a reciprocating piston in a probe assembly. Particles and dissolved materials are attracted to the surfaces of the probe by Van Der Waals forces. Counter ions surround these particles. The motion of the piston generates shear forces, which causes the counter ions to migrate. Electrodes in the probe measure the flow of counter ions, inherently defined as an electrical current. The current is electronically processed and displayed on the screen as the Streaming Current Value (SCV). For most samples in a paper mill, the SCV will be negative, indicating a net anionically charged sample.
The process of finding the optimum dosage simply involves feeding in a measured volume of coagulant into the raw water sample until the reading indicates complete charge neutralisation has been obtained.
- LabTrac – accompanying software for extracting and analysing titration data
- Sample volume range of 200-2000ml for greatest accuracy
- Sensitivity adjustment for highly conductive samples
- Measures charge and charge demand
- Measures charge and charge demand/strong>
- Low maintenance, improved reliability